- Adventures In Reading
- Beauty In Ruins
- Best Fantasy Books HQ
- Bitten By Books
- Bookworm Blues
- Charlotte's Library
- Civilian Reader
- Critical Mass
- Curated Fantasy Books
- Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews
- Edi's Book Lighthouse
- Everything is Nice
- Falcata Times
- Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews
- Fantasy Cafe
- Fantasy Literature
- Far Beyond Reality
- Genre Reader
- Jeff VanderMeer
- King of the Nerds
- Layers of Thought
- Neth Space
- Only The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
- Rob's Blog O' Stuff
- Smorgasbord Fantasia
- Speculative Book Review
- Stainless Steel Droppings
- Tez Says
- The Antick Musings of G.B.H. Hornswoggler, Gent.
- The Bibliosanctum
- The Book Smugglers
- The Nocturnal Library
- The OF Blog
- The Speculative Scotsman
- The Vinciolo Journal
- The Wertzone
- Tip the Wink
- Val's Random Comments
- Voyager Books
- Walker of Worlds
- ► 2016 (140)
- ► 2015 (136)
- ► 2014 (155)
- ► 2013 (260)
- ► 2012 (287)
- ► 2011 (317)
- ► 2010 (346)
- Liviu's Anticipated Novels of 2010 - collated post...
- Some More Odds and Ends
- Imager's Challenge (Imager #2) by LE Modesitt (Rev...
- "11 Birthdays" by Wendy Mass (Reviewed by Cindy Ha...
- “Lockdown: Escape from Furnace” by Alexander Gordo...
- “The God Engines” by John Scalzi (Reviewed by Robe...
- Liviu's Top Authors of the 00's Part 1 - SF
- Some Odds and Ends
- The Ambergris Week - Part 3: Finch
- Liviu's Top Novels of the 00's Decade
- Disruptive Fiction in Group Writing: "Q" by "Luthe...
- "Leviathan" by Scott Westerfeld (Reviewed by Liviu...
- "Os Dias Da Peste" FBC's co-editor Fabio Fernandes...
- "Red Claw" by Philip Palmer (Reviewed by Liviu Suc...
- "Time Travelers Never Die" by Jack McDevitt (revie...
- Travels through Balaia: An Interview with James Ba...
- Overlooked Title: "The Softwire: Virus on Orbis 1"...
- "Midnight Guardian: A Millennial Novel" by Sarah J...
- The Ambergris Week - Part 2: Shriek: An Afterword
- "Nine Pound Hammer" Book One in the Clockwork Dark...
- "The Hotel Under the Sand" by Kage Baker (Spotligh...
- The Ambergris Week - Part 1: City of Saints and Ma...
- 2009 Booker Prize Winner "Wolf Hall" by Hilary Man...
- Flash News: FBC's co-editor Fabio Fernandes publis...
- Interview with Gary A. Ballard (Interviewed by Mih...
- “The Cardinal’s Blades” by Pierre Pevel (Reviewed ...
- "Damnable" by Hank Schwaeble (Reviewed by Mihir Wa...
- A Lot of Contest Winners!
- "The New Dead" E-Card
- 2009 World Fantasy Award Winners
- Spotlight on November Books
- ▼ November (31)
- ► 2008 (376)
Monday, November 2, 2009
The winners of World Fantasy Award of 2009 were just announced, in the traditional banquet held at the World Fantasy Convention. Here they are, via Science Fiction Awards Watch (thanks to Larry Nolen for the heads-up):
- Lifetime Achievement: Ellen Asher & Jane Yolen
- Best Novel (tie): The Shadow Year, Jeffrey Ford (Morrow) & Tender Morsels, Margo Lanagan (Allen & Unwin; Knopf)
- Best Novella: “If Angels Fight”, Richard Bowes (F&SF 2/08)
- Best Short Story: “26 Monkeys, Also the Abyss”, Kij Johnson (Asimov’s 7/08)
- Best Anthology: Paper Cities: An Anthology of Urban Fantasy, Ekaterina Sedia, ed. (Senses Five Press)
- Best Collection: The Drowned Life, Jeffrey Ford (HarperPerennial)
- Best Artist: Shaun Tan
- Special Award – Professional: Kelly Link & Gavin J. Grant (for Small Beer Press and Big Mouth House)
- Special Award – Non-Professional: Michael Walsh (for Howard Waldrop collections from Old Earth Books)
The judges for 2009 were: Jenny Blackford, Peter Heck, Ellen Klages, Chris Roberson & Delia Sherman.
The FBC team congratulates the winners.
12:01 AM | Posted by Fabio Fernandes | | Edit Post