- A Dribble Of Ink
- A Fantasy Reader
- Adventures In Reading
- Bastard Books
- Beauty In Ruins
- Bibliophile Stalker
- Big Dumb Object
- Bitten By Books
- Boing Boing
- Book Country
- Bookworm Blues
- Caleigh's Blog
- Charlotte's Library
- Cheryl's Mewsings
- Civilian Reader
- Compulsion Reads
- Critical Mass
- Curated Fantasy Books
- Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews
- Dragons, Heroes and Wizards
- Dreams & Speculation
- Drying Ink
- Edi's Book Lighthouse
- Epic Fantasy Rocks! Forum
- Everything is Nice
- Falcata Times
- Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews
- Fantasy Book News
- Fantasy Cafe
- Fantasy Literature
- Far Beyond Reality
- Feminist SF
- Free SF Reader
- Gav Reads
- Genre Reader
- Graeme's SFF
- Grasping For The Wind
- Greg Hamerton
- Grimdark Reader
- Hero Complex
- Horror Reanimated
- Jeff VanderMeer
- King of the Nerds
- Layers of Thought
- Mithril Wisdom
- My Favourite Books
- Myrmidon Books
- Mysterious Outposts
- Neth Space
- Old Bat's Belfry
- Only The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
- Reading The Leaves
- Realms of Speculative Fiction
- Rob's Blog O' Stuff
- Sci Fi Songs
- Smorgasbord Fantasia
- Speculative Book Review
- Speculative Fiction Junkie
- Staffer's Book Review
- Stainless Steel Droppings
- Stomping On Yeti
- Tez Says
- The Agony Column
- The Antick Musings of G.B.H. Hornswoggler, Gent.
- The Book Smugglers
- The Broken Bullhorn
- The Fantasy Bookshelf
- The Green Man Review
- The Mad Hatter's Bookshelf & Book Review
- The Night Bazaar
- The Nocturnal Library
- The OF Blog
- The Overlook Press
- The Ranting Dragon
- The Speculative Scotsman
- The Stamp (of Approval)
- The Vinciolo Journal
- The Wertzone
- The World in the Satin Blog
- Val's Random Comments
- Variety SF
- Vast and Cool and Unsympathetic
- Voyager Books
- Walker of Worlds
- When Gravity Fails
- Zeno Agency
- ► 2014 (153)
- ► 2013 (260)
- ► 2012 (287)
- ► 2011 (317)
- "The Crown of the Blood" by Gav Thorpe (Reviewed b...
- "The Cold Kiss" by John Rector (Reviewed by Mihir ...
- "The House on Durrow Street" by Galen Beckett (Rev...
- Guest Author(s) Post: Jaida Jones and Danielle Ben...
- The First 2011 Major Fantasy Titles I Have - "The...
- Selecting Books: A Case Study Using the Locus List...
- "Room" by Emma Donoghue (Reviewed by Liviu Suciu)
- "A Devil in the Details" by K.A. Stewart (Reviewed...
- "The Sword and the Dragon" by M.R. Mathias (Review...
- "Soul Stealers" by Andy Remic (Reviewed by Mihir W...
- “Out of the Dark” by David Weber (Reviewed by Robe...
- Recent Contemporary and Inventive Fantasy Reviewed...
- "The Ruby in Her Navel" by Barry Unsworth (Reviewe...
- "Aurorarama" by Jean-Christophe Valtat (Reviewed b...
- "Web of Lies" by Jennifer Estep (Reviewed by Mihir...
- "The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack" by Mark...
- “Dreadnought” by Cherie Priest (Reviewed by Robert...
- "The Thief-Taker's Apprentice" by Stephen Deas (Re...
- Interesting Books Suggested by Jeff Vandermeer's ...
- "Empire" by Steven Saylor (Reviewed by Liviu Suciu...
- Odds and Ends: Angry Robot Recent Launch in the US...
- Interview with Ilona and Andrew Gordon - well know...
- "Ironroot" by SJA Turney (Reviewed by Liviu Suciu)...
- "The Adventures of the Princess and Mr. Whiffle: T...
- Small Press and Independent Books on FBC in 2010 -...
- Odds and Ends: Not the Booker and Two Novels from ...
- "Cold Magic" by Kate Elliott (Reviewed by Liviu Su...
- “Antiphon” by Ken Scholes (Reviewed by Robert Thom...
- Spotlight on September Books
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2009 (466)
- ► 2008 (376)
(Image from the Angry Robot site, but very similar to my bookstore experience)
Recently when checking out the sff section at a big B&N chain bookstore, I came upon a display of books that seemed familiar and guess what, they were some of the US releases with which the new Angry Robot imprint has just debuted here after an earlier UK debut and an intermission due to its switching publishing houses.
Since me and Mihir have reviewed some of these books early in the year or even late in 2009 while the US releases are this fall, I thought of reminding people of some titles we liked. I will also add that I quite liked The Crown of the Blood by Gav Thorpe - more than I expected based on its blurb - and the review will be here in probably two weeks - and Mihir has already reviewed Soul Stealers, though we will post that review closer to its publication date.
Bodard, de, Aliette, Servant of the Underworld LS
Shevdon, Mike, Sixty-One Nails MW
Remic, Andy, Kell's Legend MW
Remic,Andy, Soul Stealers (Upcoming FBC Review MW )
Thorpe, Gavin, The Crown of the Blood (Upcoming FBC Review LS)
Tidhar, Lavie, The Bookman LS
Whates, Ian, City of Dreams and Nightmare LS
Here is the full listing for the 2010 US releases, while the full UK/US schedule is HERE.
US / Canada 2010
Book of Secrets by Chris Roberson
City of Dreams and Nightmare by Ian Whates
Damage Time by Colin Harvey
The Road to Bedlam by Mike Shevdon
Servant of the Underworld by Aliette de Bodard
Soul Stealers by Andy Remic