- Adventures In Reading
- Beauty In Ruins
- Best Fantasy Books HQ
- Bitten By Books
- Bookworm Blues
- Charlotte's Library
- Civilian Reader
- Critical Mass
- Curated Fantasy Books
- Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews
- Edi's Book Lighthouse
- Everything is Nice
- Falcata Times
- Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews
- Fantasy Cafe
- Fantasy Literature
- Far Beyond Reality
- Genre Reader
- Jeff VanderMeer
- King of the Nerds
- Layers of Thought
- Neth Space
- Only The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
- Rob's Blog O' Stuff
- Smorgasbord Fantasia
- Speculative Book Review
- Stainless Steel Droppings
- Tez Says
- The Antick Musings of G.B.H. Hornswoggler, Gent.
- The Bibliosanctum
- The Book Smugglers
- The Nocturnal Library
- The OF Blog
- The Speculative Scotsman
- The Vinciolo Journal
- The Wertzone
- Tip the Wink
- Val's Random Comments
- Voyager Books
- Walker of Worlds
- ► 2016 (125)
- ► 2015 (136)
- ► 2014 (155)
- ► 2013 (260)
- ► 2012 (287)
- ► 2011 (317)
- Spotlight on November Books
- "Corvus" by Paul Kearney (Reviewed by Liviu Suciu)...
- "Surface Detail" by Iain M Banks (Reviewed by Livi...
- “Disciple of the Dog” by R. Scott Bakker (Reviewed...
- “Hatter M: The Nature of Wonder” by Frank Beddor, ...
- "Literary Fiction" for SFF Lovers (by Liviu Suciu)...
- "Wintertide" by Michael Sullivan (Reviewed by Livi...
- Five Capsule Reviews: Harry Turtledove, Chris Wood...
- "Mob Rules" by Cameron Haley (Reviewed by Mihir Wa...
- "Trespass" by Rose Tremain (Reviewed by Liviu Suci...
- My Anticipated Books of 2010 Revisited (by Liviu S...
- GIVEAWAY: Win a Set of the Elemental Assassin Book...
- Interview with Jennifer Estep (Interview by Mihir ...
- "Festival of Skeletons" by RJ Astruc (Reviewed by ...
- "In a Strange Room" by Damon Galgut (Reviewed by ...
- Cindy Hannikman Cybil Awards 2010 First Round Pane...
- "The King's Bastard: King Rolen's Kin #1" by Rowen...
- Odds and Ends: 2010 Booker Prize and compiling a l...
- "The Half Made World" by Felix Gilman (Reviewed by...
- The Top Books of 2008 Revisited (by Liviu Suciu)
- Two Capsule Reviews: "The Crowfield Curse" by Pat ...
- "Skywatcher" by Jon Connington (Reviewed by Liviu ...
- "The Notebook" by Agota Kristof (Reviewed by Liviu...
- "The Spirit Thief" by Rachel Aaron (Reviewed by Mi...
- “Passion Play” by Beth Bernobich (Reviewed by Robe...
- "Voltaire's Calligrapher" by Pablo De Santis (Revi...
- Guest Author Post: Cinda Williams Chima "World Bui...
- "Discord's Apple" by Carrie Vaughn (Reviewed by Mi...
- Odds and Ends: My New Top 10 Anticipated Novels Fr...
- Spotlight on October Books
- ▼ October (30)
- ► 2009 (466)
- ► 2008 (376)
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Visit the Cybils Official Website Here
The Cybil Awards or Children's and Young Adult Bloggers Literary Awards, are held every year. This year I am pleased to announce that I will be a returning first round panelist in the Sci-fi/Fantasy Middle Grade Category. These awards are a great opportunity for book bloggers to get together and recognize the most outstanding books of the year in each category.
My fellow panelists include:
Anamaria Anderson of Books Together
Gwenda Bond of Shaken & Stirred
Aaron Maurer of Coffee for the Brain
Nicole Signoretta of Booked Up
Charlotte Taylor of Charlotte's Library
Karen Yingling of Ms. Yingling Reads
There are so many sci-fi/fantasy books put out each year that the category is split between Middle Grade and Young Adult. The first round judges will sift through over a hundred books and narrow the selection down to those 6-7 that are most representative of the category they were nominated for. From there the second round judges will pick the winner from the nominated books.
Nominations come in via the public and are open until October 15, 2010 at 11:59 PM EST. As long as the book was published between October 16, 2009 and October 15, 2010 it's eligible. If you have a book that you feel should be nominated for any of the categories feel free to nominate the book here.
12:01 PM | Posted by Cindy | | Edit Post