- Adventures In Reading
- Beauty In Ruins
- Best Fantasy Books HQ
- Bitten By Books
- Bookworm Blues
- Charlotte's Library
- Civilian Reader
- Critical Mass
- Curated Fantasy Books
- Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews
- Edi's Book Lighthouse
- Everything is Nice
- Falcata Times
- Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews
- Fantasy Cafe
- Fantasy Literature
- Far Beyond Reality
- Genre Reader
- Jeff VanderMeer
- King of the Nerds
- Layers of Thought
- Neth Space
- Only The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
- Rob's Blog O' Stuff
- Smorgasbord Fantasia
- Speculative Book Review
- Stainless Steel Droppings
- Tez Says
- The Antick Musings of G.B.H. Hornswoggler, Gent.
- The Bibliosanctum
- The Book Smugglers
- The Nocturnal Library
- The OF Blog
- The Speculative Scotsman
- The Vinciolo Journal
- The Wertzone
- Tip the Wink
- Val's Random Comments
- Voyager Books
- Walker of Worlds
- ► 2016 (110)
- ► 2015 (136)
- ► 2014 (155)
- ► 2013 (260)
- ► 2012 (287)
- “Songs of the Earth” by Elspeth Cooper (Reviewed b...
- “The Stranger’s Woes” by Max Frei (Reviewed by Rob...
- “Hexed” by Kevin Hearne (Reviewed by Mihir Wanchoo...
- “Demon Squad: Resurrection” by Tim Marquitz (Revie...
- “Robopocalypse” by Daniel H. Wilson (Reviewed by R...
- “Soul Born” by Kevin James Breaux (Reviewed by Mih...
- “Gideon’s Sword” by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Ch...
- PRESS RELEASE: Excerpt from John-Henri Holmberg’s ...
- NEWS: Finnish Science Fiction & Fantasy!
- Gollancz’s 50th Anniversary Contest!!!
- “Skulls” by Tim Marquitz (Reviewed by Mihir Wancho...
- PRESS RELEASE: Bestselling Independent Author M. R...
- NEWS: Fantasy Author Alan Campbell Self-Publishes ...
- Gemmell Award Final Voting
- PRESS RELEASE: Orbit Acquires International Bestse...
- PRESS RELEASE: Operation Kid Equip Partners with T...
- "The Scar-Crow Men: Swords of Albion Book 2" by Ma...
- Two Short Reviews: Bakker, Kristian (by Liviu Suci...
- “Venom” + “Tangled Threads” by Jennifer Estep (Rev...
- “Queen of Kings” by Maria Dahvana Headley (Reviewe...
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2010 (346)
- ► 2009 (466)
- ► 2008 (376)
Friday, May 13, 2011
Recently, Ann and Jeff VanderMeer concluded a seven-day trip to Finland in April that was focused on meeting and talking to Finnish SF/Fantasy writers and people in the community there. According to Jeff, “It’s an incredibly rich hot-bed of talent, but much of the best stuff hasn’t been translated into English yet—some great writers are only known to English-language audiences by a couple of stories.” To help build interest from US/UK editors and readers, Jeff and Ann have created various articles about established writers like Johanna Sinisalo and Hannu Rajaniemi, paired with posts about great writers not known outside of Finland.
These articles can be found below:
6:00 PM | Posted by Robert | | Edit Post