- Adventures In Reading
- Beauty In Ruins
- Best Fantasy Books HQ
- Bitten By Books
- Bookworm Blues
- Charlotte's Library
- Civilian Reader
- Critical Mass
- Curated Fantasy Books
- Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews
- Edi's Book Lighthouse
- Everything is Nice
- Falcata Times
- Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews
- Fantasy Cafe
- Fantasy Literature
- Far Beyond Reality
- Genre Reader
- Jeff VanderMeer
- King of the Nerds
- Layers of Thought
- Neth Space
- Only The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
- Rob's Blog O' Stuff
- Smorgasbord Fantasia
- Speculative Book Review
- Stainless Steel Droppings
- Tez Says
- The Antick Musings of G.B.H. Hornswoggler, Gent.
- The Bibliosanctum
- The Book Smugglers
- The Nocturnal Library
- The OF Blog
- The Speculative Scotsman
- The Vinciolo Journal
- The Wertzone
- Tip the Wink
- Val's Random Comments
- Voyager Books
- Walker of Worlds
- ► 2016 (143)
- ► 2015 (136)
- ► 2014 (155)
- ► 2013 (260)
- ► 2012 (287)
- "Ex-Patriots" by Peter Clines (Reviewed by Mihir W...
- Interview with Anne Sowards (Interviewed by Mihir ...
- “The Emperor’s Knife” by Mazarkis Williams (Review...
- Thoughts on "El Prisionero del Cielo" by Carlos Ru...
- Spectyr by Philippa Ballantine (Reviewed by Mihir ...
- Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep w/Bonus Review of ...
- Rest In Peace, Anne McCaffrey (1926-2011)
- GUEST POST: Beyond Percepliquis by Michael Sulliva...
- Goodreads Choice Awards: Final Round with comments...
- Mark Newton's New Series Announced - Fantasy Crime...
- At The Gates by Tim Marquitz w/Bonus Review of Bet...
- "A Transylvanian Tale" by Miklos Banffy (Reviewed...
- More on Weird Fiction Review and "A Rising Thunder...
- "Geist" by Philippa Ballantine (Reviewed by Mihir ...
- "Theft of Swords" by Michael Sullivan (Reviewed by...
- 2011 Goodreads Choice Awards: Semifinals November ...
- NEWS: M. R. Mathias reveals the cover to The Wizar...
- "Hearts of Smoke and Steam" by Andrew Mayer (Revie...
- Interview with Brian Justin Shier (Interviewed by ...
- "Solaris Rising: The New Solaris Book of Science F...
- New Online Source for Weird: Weird Fiction Review
- "City of the Snakes" by Darren Shan (Reviewed by M...
- More on 2011 Books Read and 2012 Releases Received...
- "Cold Vengeance" by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Chil...
- "Scholar" by L.E. Modesitt (Reviewed by Liviu Suci...
- "Ex-Heroes" by Peter Clines (Reviewed by Mihir Wan...
- "The Time In Between" By Maria Duenas (Reviewed by...
- 2011 Goodreads Choice Awards Round 1 Open and My V...
- "Betrayal" by Tim Marquitz (by Mihir Wanchoo)
- "Merkabah Rider: The Mensch With No Name" by Ed Er...
- "The Warlock's Shadow" by Stephen Deas (Reviewed b...
- “The House of Silk: A Sherlock Holmes Novel” by An...
- Spotlight on November Books
- ▼ November (33)
- ► 2010 (346)
- ► 2009 (466)
- ► 2008 (376)
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
It’s been years since I last read an Anne McCaffrey novel, but her Pern stories have always held a special place in my heart. So it was quite sad to hear of the author’s passing yesterday, especially considering what she meant to science fiction and fantasy. Anne McCaffrey was a pioneer of the genres. Not only was she the first woman to ever win a Hugo or Nebula Award, but her book, The White Dragon, became the first science fiction novel to reach the New York Times' Hardcover Bestseller List. In 2005, McCaffrey was awarded the 22nd Grand Master Award by the Science Fiction Writers of America and was inducted into the Science Fiction Hall of Fame in 2006. In short, Anne McCaffrey will be sorely missed, though never forgotten...
12:00 PM | Posted by Robert | | Edit Post