- Adventures In Reading
- Beauty In Ruins
- Best Fantasy Books HQ
- Bitten By Books
- Bookworm Blues
- Charlotte's Library
- Civilian Reader
- Critical Mass
- Curated Fantasy Books
- Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews
- Edi's Book Lighthouse
- Everything is Nice
- Falcata Times
- Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews
- Fantasy Cafe
- Fantasy Literature
- Far Beyond Reality
- Genre Reader
- Jeff VanderMeer
- King of the Nerds
- Layers of Thought
- Neth Space
- Only The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
- Rob's Blog O' Stuff
- Smorgasbord Fantasia
- Speculative Book Review
- Stainless Steel Droppings
- Tez Says
- The Antick Musings of G.B.H. Hornswoggler, Gent.
- The Bibliosanctum
- The Book Smugglers
- The Nocturnal Library
- The OF Blog
- The Speculative Scotsman
- The Vinciolo Journal
- The Wertzone
- Tip the Wink
- Val's Random Comments
- Voyager Books
- Walker of Worlds
- ► 2016 (140)
- ► 2015 (136)
- ► 2014 (155)
- ► 2013 (260)
- Spotlight on October Books
- PRESS RELEASE: Nightmare Magazine and The Riyria C...
- Spotlight on Some Recent SFF Titles of Interest (w...
- "Great North Road" by Peter Hamilton (Reviewed by ...
- A MORE DIVERSE UNIVERSE: Celebrating People Of Col...
- Three Short Reviews: "Swimming Home" by Deborah Le...
- The Tainted City by Courtney Schafer (Reviewed by ...
- "The Century Trilogy 1 and 2: Fall of Giants and W...
- Four More 2012 Books of Interest: Miles Cameron, E...
- PRESS RELEASE & BOOK NEWS: Snorri Kristjansson, Ja...
- Clean by Alex Hughes w/ Bonus Q&A with the author ...
- "Midst Toil and Tribulation" by David Weber (Revie...
- Throne Of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (Reviewed by Mihi...
- "Hegemony" by Mark Kalina (Reviewed by Liviu Suciu...
- GUEST POST: Go Ahead: Judge These Books By Their C...
- The Books of 2012 in Covers, Second Iteration (wit...
- GUEST POST: News Update & Contest by M. R. Mathias...
- "The Blinding Knife" by Brent Weeks (Reviewed by L...
- Daughter Of The Sword by Steve Bein w/ bonus revie...
- Fading Light: An Anthology Of The Monstrous edited...
- 2012 Man Booker Shortlist announced and The Garden...
- "Changeless: Book 2 Parasol Protectorate" by Gail ...
- GUEST POST: I Am My Own Weird by Lee Battersby
- Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff (Reviewed by Mihir Wan...
- GUEST BLOG POST/GIVEAWAY with Rowena Cory Daniells...
- Three Mini Reviews: The Coldest War, Shadows Befor...
- Introducing Curated Fantasy Books
- "The Eternal Flame" by Greg Egan (Reviewed by Livi...
- “Blood’s Pride” by Evie Manieri (Reviewed by Sabin...
- "The Garden of Evening Mists" by Tan Twan Eng (Rev...
- GUEST POST: The Influence Of History On Epic Fanta...
- GUEST POST: "The Orthogonal Universe" by Greg Egan...
- Spotlight on September Books
- ▼ September (33)
- ► 2011 (317)
- ► 2010 (346)
- ► 2009 (466)
- ► 2008 (376)
Saturday, September 15, 2012
It’s me, M. R. Mathias again. Sup?
I have a few things going on that I wanted to share with everyone including a new book, new cover art, and a contest.
Firstly, the new book: The Legend of Vanx Malic (Available HERE and at Smashwords) is a continuing “serial” type of fantasy affair. After I finished writing The Wardstone Trilogy, I still had several months to go before I would be released from prison. I did not want to lapse in my religious routine of penning three thousand words a day, so I didn’t. Book One of The Legend of Vanx Malic – Through the Wildwood, is a fun and intense tale that introduces a few of the series’ main characters. I have over a thousand pages worth of Vanx Malic and his curious group of companions sitting here in longhand. I will be publishing them in eBook format, about three hundred pages at a time, over the next year and a half. The first installment will available in a few days, if it’s not already. There will be a paperback(s) eventually, but for now this will be ebook only. A five-chapter preview can be found HERE.
The cover art for these stories is just fantastic. Anton Kokarev is amazing. He is custom creating art for each of The Legend of Vanx Malic releases (see above), AND doing all new custom covers for my Dragoneer Saga books. He also did some of the wicked looking images for D. P. Prior’s Nameless Dwarf series. You can check out more of Anton’s art here: http://kanartist.deviantart.com/
More news . . . some of you know that I am diabetic. My eyes are always getting worse and I am starting to rest them more and more. Partly because of this my two fantasy series, as well as my horror/thriller, are being made into audio books. The first of each should be available by Christmas. HERE is the complete MP3 download of Crimzon and Clover One: Orphaned Dragon, Lucky Girl, from the narrator’s website. I’m mesmerized by Christine Padovan’s voice and pleased that she has agreed to narrate the entire Dragoneer Saga.
Now to the contest:
I want to thank FBC fans for helping make The Wardstone Trilogy a hit this summer and I can’t think of a better way than to give away ONE SIGNED TRILOGY SET. That makes one lucky winner happy, but we need more. The old paperback edition cover (see below) of The Sword and the Dragon, with the “Prison Cut” edit, is no longer for sale. Since there are only about a thousand of the “Prison Cut” paperbacks in existence, it may become a collector’s item. Only time will tell on that note. So I just want to give away TWO SIGNED “Prison Cut” editions to the 2nd and 3rd place winners of the contest! Additionally, all three winners will receive an eBook copy of The Legend of Vanx Malic – Through the Wildwood via Smashwords coupon.
One last thing: Through a long and terrible series of chemo treatments, my mother just beat cancer. I would like to donate $100 in the winner’s name to the cancer related charity of their choice.
To FBC, and all of those who helped us through the last half year with prayers, kindness, and supportive posts, it will NEVER be forgotten.
That’s it fantasy fans, good luck, and good reading,
To enter, please send an email to email@example.com with your Name, Mailing Address (Street Addresses Only), and the subject: WARDSTONE. Giveaway has Ended! Thank you for entering and Good Luck!
1) Open To Anyone
2) Only One Entry Per Household (Multiple Entries Will Be Disqualified)
3) Must Enter Valid Email Address, Name + Mailing Address (Street Addresses Only)
4) No Purchase Necessary
5) Giveaway Has Ended
6) Winner Will Be Randomly Selected and Notified By Email
7) Personal Information Will Only Be Used In Mailing Out the Prizes to the Winner
12:01 AM | Posted by Robert | | Edit Post