GIVEAWAY FOR ARABELLA OF MARS
GIVEAWAY FOR SERAFINA BOOKS
- Adventures In Reading
- Beauty In Ruins
- Best Fantasy Books HQ
- Bitten By Books
- Bookworm Blues
- Charlotte's Library
- Civilian Reader
- Critical Mass
- Curated Fantasy Books
- Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews
- Edi's Book Lighthouse
- Everything is Nice
- Falcata Times
- Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews
- Fantasy Cafe
- Fantasy Literature
- Far Beyond Reality
- Genre Reader
- Jeff VanderMeer
- King of the Nerds
- Layers of Thought
- Neth Space
- Only The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
- Rob's Blog O' Stuff
- Smorgasbord Fantasia
- Speculative Book Review
- Stainless Steel Droppings
- Tez Says
- The Antick Musings of G.B.H. Hornswoggler, Gent.
- The Bibliosanctum
- The Book Smugglers
- The Nocturnal Library
- The OF Blog
- The Speculative Scotsman
- The Vinciolo Journal
- The Wertzone
- Tip the Wink
- Val's Random Comments
- Voyager Books
- Walker of Worlds
- ► 2016 (77)
- ► 2015 (136)
- ► 2014 (155)
- Three Recent SFF Books of Interest, Steven Amsterd...
- "Quintessence" by David Walton (Reviewed by Liviu ...
- No Return by Zachary Jernigan (Reviewed by Mihir W...
- “River of Stars” by Guy Gavriel Kay (Reviewed by C...
- GUEST POST: Word of Mouth: Or Just Let Me Be Read ...
- “The Raven Boys” by Maggie Stiefvater (Reviewed by...
- “Etiquette & Espionage” by Gail Carriger (Reviewed...
- “Cloud Atlas” by David Mitchell (Book/Movie Review...
- Winner of the “River of Stars” Giveaway!!!
- "Shadow of Freedom" by David Weber (Reviewed by Li...
- GUEST POST: Writing Wuxia As Chinese Historical Fa...
- NEWS: Ilona Andrews' New Series, Michael J Sulliva...
- "Where Tigers Are at Home" by Jean-Marie Blas de R...
- “Impulse” by Steven Gould (Reviewed by Casey Blair...
- “Scarlet” by Marissa Meyer (Reviewed by Lydia Robe...
- “The Indigo Spell” by Richelle Mead (Reviewed by C...
- GUEST POST: The Legend of Vanx Malic & Other News ...
- The Grim Company by Luke Scull (Reviewed by Mihir ...
- WORLDWIDE GIVEAWAY: Win a SIGNED HARDCOVER COPY of...
- GUEST POST: The Debut Novel: A Series of Intention...
- "On the Edge" by Markus Werner (Reviewed by Liviu ...
- NEWS: Ides Of March Giveaway, Gord Rollo's The Jig...
- “Written In Red” by Anne Bishop (Reviewed by Casey...
- ▼ March (23)
- ► 2012 (287)
- ► 2011 (317)
- ► 2010 (346)
- ► 2009 (466)
- ► 2008 (376)
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Hello to my friends at FBC and beyond. I hope 2013 is treating everyone as good as it is treating me. I have some new Vanx Malic cover art from the amazing Anton Kokarev to show you, some great news on the audiobook front, a paperback release date for The Legend of Vanx Malic – Through the Wildwood, and a Three Chapter Wattpad peek of The Emerald Rider – Dragoneer Saga Book IV, which will be sponsoring this summer’s “Indie Kindy” contest.
I just got back from an awesome research trip to Destin, Fla. Where else but the Emerald Coast would I seek inspiration for the next great monster the Dragoneers will face? Most of my Facebook () followers know that while I was there I managed to sneak in a few days of fishing, but few know that I had the privilege of meeting in person, for the first time, D. P. Prior, author of The Nameless Dwarf: The Complete Chronicles. Derek has edited books by David Dalglish, Sibel Hodge, Moses Siregar III, and myself, just to name a few. We tried not to talk shop, but we both love fantasy so much it was impossible. We discussed new authors, both indie and traditionally published, and where we thought things are going. It was a great time.
A lot of people know that I wrote The Wardstone Trilogy while I was in prison in Texas, but did you know that I wrote all four of The Legend of Vanx Malic novels there too? The next two Vanx Malic novels are sitting in my safe deposit box, in longhand, awaiting my attention. I will start entering them into word for editing once my secret project is complete. More on the secret stuff in a later guest post.
Here below is Anton Kokarev’s cover for The Legend of Vanx Malic Book III – Saint Elm’s Deep. At this time I am guessing an early November release, but that isn’t written in stone:
I excitedly announced at Christmas that both The Sword and the Dragon and The Royal Dragoneers would be released in audio format by the first of the year. While The Sword and the Dragon made the date, The Royal Dragoneers missed that target by a few months. The good news is the book is now available Amazon, iTunes, and Audible. Even better news is Christine Padovan’s audio for Cold Hearted Son of a Witch – The Dragoneer Saga Book II is now complete and just waiting on the Audible retail process. The Confliction – The Dragoneer Saga Book III is already in production. With The Emerald Rider releasing this summer I think I am going to have my hands full. Speaking of which, the first three chapters of The Emerald Rider are up on Wattpad HERE.
Anton has already started sketches of his Emerald Rider cover art, and he has also agreed to do the cover for the untitled fifth book in the Crimzon and Clover short story series. I can honestly say that I am as eager as I have ever been to see Anton’s rendition of mighty Clover and her wyrm. I will make sure to share when it is done.
I have also revamped my webpage (www.mrmathias.com) again. By no means am I a webmaster. Ha ha! This last bit of info is for paperback readers. Through the Wildwood - TheLlegend of Vanx Malic Book I will be available in paperback April 3rd, 2013.
That is all I have. Keep reading and I will see you guys this summer…
12:00 AM | Posted by Robert | | Edit Post