- Adventures In Reading
- Beauty In Ruins
- Best Fantasy Books HQ
- Bitten By Books
- Bookworm Blues
- Charlotte's Library
- Civilian Reader
- Critical Mass
- Curated Fantasy Books
- Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews
- Edi's Book Lighthouse
- Everything is Nice
- Falcata Times
- Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews
- Fantasy Cafe
- Fantasy Literature
- Far Beyond Reality
- Genre Reader
- Jeff VanderMeer
- King of the Nerds
- Layers of Thought
- Neth Space
- Only The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
- Rob's Blog O' Stuff
- Smorgasbord Fantasia
- Speculative Book Review
- Stainless Steel Droppings
- Tez Says
- The Antick Musings of G.B.H. Hornswoggler, Gent.
- The Bibliosanctum
- The Book Smugglers
- The Nocturnal Library
- The OF Blog
- The Speculative Scotsman
- The Vinciolo Journal
- The Wertzone
- Tip the Wink
- Val's Random Comments
- Voyager Books
- Walker of Worlds
- ► 2016 (143)
- ► 2015 (136)
- ► 2014 (155)
- ► 2013 (260)
- ► 2012 (287)
- ► 2011 (317)
- ► 2010 (346)
- "The Father of Locks" by Andrew Killeen (reviewed ...
- Spotlight on September Books
- Winners of the Light of the Burning Shadow Contest...
- "Night Runner" by Max Turner (Mini-Review by Rober...
- "The Choir Boats" by Daniel Rabuzzi (Reviewed by L...
- Interview With Gary Gibson (Interviewed by Mark Ch...
- News Flash Reminder: "The Quiet War" by Paul McAul...
- "The Fall of Ossard" Book One in the Ossard Trilog...
- "Prospero Lost" by L. Jagi Lamplighter (Reviewed b...
- Memory, Physics and Identity: "The Einstein Girl"...
- “The Light of Burning Shadows” by Chris Evans (Rev...
- “Burning Skies” by David Williams (Reviewed by Mih...
- "Water Keep: Far World Book 1" by J. Scott Savage ...
- Interview with Adrian Tchaikovsky (Interviewed by ...
- Sharing a World, Part II
- 2009 Booker Prize Nominee "The Children's Book" by...
- “Traitors' Gate” by Kate Elliott with Bonus Q/A wi...
- The Trojan War - A Reinterpretation: "The Troy Tri...
- Spotlight Review: Man Booker Nominated Novel "Broo...
- One More Superb Small Press Debut: "Angelglass" by...
- “Warbreaker” by Brandon Sanderson (Reviewed by Mih...
- The Hugo 2009 Finalists, Part 1 - The Graveyard Bo...
- "Eyes Like Stars" Act One Theatre Illuminata by Li...
- The Guardian Not The Booker Prize Stage 2: Longlis...
- Masterpiece Debut: "Desideria" by Nicole Kornher-S...
- The 2009 Hugo Awards - The Winners
- "Blood of the Mantis" by Adrian Tchaikovsky (Revie...
- The Legions of Rome: novelizations - "Soldier of...
- “Soul Stealer: Blood and Rain” by Michael Easton &...
- "Shiver" by Maggie Stiefvater (Reviewed by Cindy H...
- Anticipation - Keep an eye on it via Convention Re...
- Interview with Jennifer Fallon (Interviewed by Mih...
- "Hitler's War" by Harry Turtledove (Reviewed by Li...
- GIVEAWAY: "The Winds of Dune" Cosplay Contest!!!
- “The Shadow Pavilion” by Liz Williams (Reviewed by...
- "Land of the Dead" by Thomas Harlan (Reviewed by L...
- "The Manhattan Prophet" by Jake Packard (Reviewed ...
- Spotlight on August 2009 Books
- ▼ August (38)
- ► 2008 (376)
And, so, Anticipation, the 67th Worldcon, in Montréal, ended. The highlight of this edition was that, for the first time EVER in Worldcon history, people from all over the world could watch online the Hugo Awards Ceremony - still not by TV or video, but by Twitter - that´s SF for you!!!
And the 2009 Hugo Winners are:
BEST NOVEL: The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman
BEST NOVELLA: "The Erdmann Nexus", by Nancy Kress
BEST NOVELETTE: "Shoggoths in Bloom" by Elizabeth Bear
BEST SHORT STORY: "Exhalation" by Ted Chiang
BEST EDITOR - LONG FORM: David G Hartwell
BEST EDITOR - SHORT FORM: Ellen Datlow
BEST PROFESSIONAL ARTIST: Donato Giancola
BEST RELATED BOOK: Your Hate Mail Will Be Graded, John Scalzi
JOHN W. CAMPBELL AWARD FOR BEST NEW WRITER: David Anthony Durham
BEST FAN WRITER: Cheryl Morgan
BEST FAN ARTIST: Frank Wu
BEST FANZINE: Electric Velocipede
BEST SEMIPROZINE: Weird Tales.
DRAMATIC PRESENTATION - LONG FORM: Wall-E
DRAMATIC PRESENTATION - SHORT FORM: Dr Horrible's Singalong Blog, Joss Whedon
(New!) BEST GRAPHIC STORY: Girl Genius, Kaja and Phil Foglio
The Fantasy Book Critic team congratulates the winners!