- Adventures In Reading
- Beauty In Ruins
- Best Fantasy Books HQ
- Bitten By Books
- Bookworm Blues
- Charlotte's Library
- Civilian Reader
- Critical Mass
- Curated Fantasy Books
- Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews
- Edi's Book Lighthouse
- Everything is Nice
- Falcata Times
- Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews
- Fantasy Cafe
- Fantasy Literature
- Far Beyond Reality
- Genre Reader
- Jeff VanderMeer
- King of the Nerds
- Layers of Thought
- Neth Space
- Only The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
- Rob's Blog O' Stuff
- Smorgasbord Fantasia
- Speculative Book Review
- Stainless Steel Droppings
- Tez Says
- The Antick Musings of G.B.H. Hornswoggler, Gent.
- The Bibliosanctum
- The Book Smugglers
- The Nocturnal Library
- The OF Blog
- The Speculative Scotsman
- The Vinciolo Journal
- The Wertzone
- Tip the Wink
- Val's Random Comments
- Voyager Books
- Walker of Worlds
- ► 2016 (127)
- ► 2015 (136)
- ► 2014 (155)
- ► 2013 (260)
- ► 2012 (287)
- ► 2011 (317)
- ► 2010 (346)
- "The Father of Locks" by Andrew Killeen (reviewed ...
- Spotlight on September Books
- Winners of the Light of the Burning Shadow Contest...
- "Night Runner" by Max Turner (Mini-Review by Rober...
- "The Choir Boats" by Daniel Rabuzzi (Reviewed by L...
- Interview With Gary Gibson (Interviewed by Mark Ch...
- News Flash Reminder: "The Quiet War" by Paul McAul...
- "The Fall of Ossard" Book One in the Ossard Trilog...
- "Prospero Lost" by L. Jagi Lamplighter (Reviewed b...
- Memory, Physics and Identity: "The Einstein Girl"...
- “The Light of Burning Shadows” by Chris Evans (Rev...
- “Burning Skies” by David Williams (Reviewed by Mih...
- "Water Keep: Far World Book 1" by J. Scott Savage ...
- Interview with Adrian Tchaikovsky (Interviewed by ...
- Sharing a World, Part II
- 2009 Booker Prize Nominee "The Children's Book" by...
- “Traitors' Gate” by Kate Elliott with Bonus Q/A wi...
- The Trojan War - A Reinterpretation: "The Troy Tri...
- Spotlight Review: Man Booker Nominated Novel "Broo...
- One More Superb Small Press Debut: "Angelglass" by...
- “Warbreaker” by Brandon Sanderson (Reviewed by Mih...
- The Hugo 2009 Finalists, Part 1 - The Graveyard Bo...
- "Eyes Like Stars" Act One Theatre Illuminata by Li...
- The Guardian Not The Booker Prize Stage 2: Longlis...
- Masterpiece Debut: "Desideria" by Nicole Kornher-S...
- The 2009 Hugo Awards - The Winners
- "Blood of the Mantis" by Adrian Tchaikovsky (Revie...
- The Legions of Rome: novelizations - "Soldier of...
- “Soul Stealer: Blood and Rain” by Michael Easton &...
- "Shiver" by Maggie Stiefvater (Reviewed by Cindy H...
- Anticipation - Keep an eye on it via Convention Re...
- Interview with Jennifer Fallon (Interviewed by Mih...
- "Hitler's War" by Harry Turtledove (Reviewed by Li...
- GIVEAWAY: "The Winds of Dune" Cosplay Contest!!!
- “The Shadow Pavilion” by Liz Williams (Reviewed by...
- "Land of the Dead" by Thomas Harlan (Reviewed by L...
- "The Manhattan Prophet" by Jake Packard (Reviewed ...
- Spotlight on August 2009 Books
- ▼ August (38)
- ► 2008 (376)
In support of the August 4th, 2009 release of Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson´s latest installment in the adventures of Frank Herbert´s most famous creation and one of the all-time best science fiction universes, The Winds of Dune, Tor Books is offering readers books and special slingsacks. All contestants have to do is have a picture of themselves dressed as characters of Dune novels, taken preferably in a desert-like environment.
All photo entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may submit a MAXIMUM of TWO PHOTOS per entry, but please, only ONE ENTRY per household. In the body of the e-mail please include your NAME and MAILING ADDRESS. Once the contest is concluded, all of the submissions will be judged by Tor staff, and a total of SEVEN WINNERS will be selected for the following Prizes:
TWO GRAND PRIZES — SIGNED COPIES of The Winds of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson!!
FIVE RUNNER-UPS —Special The Winds of Dune slingsacks (string backpacks).
Official contest rules are included below. Giveaway ends Tuesday, August 18, 2009 – 11:59AM EST. Thank you for entering and Good Luck!
1) Open To Anyone
2) Only One Entry Per Household (Multiple Entries Will Be Disqualified) and a Maximum of TWO PHOTOS Per Entry
3) Must Provide Valid Mailing Address + Name
4) Giveaway Will End Tuesday, August 18, 2009 – 11:59AM EST
5) Winners Will Be Judged and Chosen by Tor Books Staff. Winners will be Notified By Email
6) Personal Information Will Only Be Used In Mailing Out the Prizes To the Winners
UPDATE: Justin Golenbock, publicist of Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson, has just disclosed their signing tour schedule, which end just in the 18th (isn´t that a nice occasion to pay them your compliments in complete Dune attire?). Click here for more information.