- Adventures In Reading
- Beauty In Ruins
- Best Fantasy Books HQ
- Bitten By Books
- Bookworm Blues
- Charlotte's Library
- Civilian Reader
- Critical Mass
- Curated Fantasy Books
- Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews
- Edi's Book Lighthouse
- Everything is Nice
- Falcata Times
- Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews
- Fantasy Cafe
- Fantasy Literature
- Far Beyond Reality
- Genre Reader
- Jeff VanderMeer
- King of the Nerds
- Layers of Thought
- Neth Space
- Only The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
- Rob's Blog O' Stuff
- Smorgasbord Fantasia
- Speculative Book Review
- Stainless Steel Droppings
- Tez Says
- The Antick Musings of G.B.H. Hornswoggler, Gent.
- The Bibliosanctum
- The Book Smugglers
- The Nocturnal Library
- The OF Blog
- The Speculative Scotsman
- The Vinciolo Journal
- The Wertzone
- Tip the Wink
- Val's Random Comments
- Voyager Books
- Walker of Worlds
- ► 2016 (127)
- ► 2015 (136)
- ► 2014 (155)
- ► 2013 (260)
- ► 2012 (287)
- PRESS RELEASE: Bantam Books & Dynamite Entertainme...
- “The Last Werewolf” by Glen Duncan (Reviewed by Ro...
- Interview with Cameron Haley (Interviewed by Mihir...
- “The Watchers” Video Roundup
- Winners of “The Watchers” Giveaway!!!
- “Heaven’s Shadow” by David S. Goyer & Michael Cass...
- SPOTLIGHT: Book Country
- “Miserere: An Autumn Tale” by Teresa Frohock (Revi...
- “The Map of Time” by Félix J. Palma (Reviewed by R...
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part Seven)!!!
- THE INDIE DAY GIVEAWAY FOLLOWUP: M.R. Mathias Disc...
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part Six)!!!
- NEWS: Orbit Books Snaps up an Urban Fantasy Trilog...
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part Five)!!!
- “Fun & Games” by Duane Swierczynski (Reviewed by R...
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part Four)!!!
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part Three)!!!
- PRESS RELEASE: Orbit UK acquires the IRON DRUID CH...
- “Leviathan Wakes” by James S.A. Corey (Reviewed by...
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part Two)!!!
- “Serial Killers Uncut” by Blake Crouch & Jack Kilb...
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part One)!!!
- “Magic Slays” by Ilona Andrews w/Bonus Review of “...
- “The Watchers” by Jon Steele (Reviewed by Robert T...
- THE INDIE DAY GIVEAWAY: Win an AMAZON KINDLE featu...
- PRESS RELEASE: The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But He...
- ▼ June (26)
- ► 2010 (346)
- ► 2009 (466)
- ► 2008 (376)
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Read FBC’s Review of “The Watchers”
Today—June 9, 2011—marks the UK Hardcover publication of Jon Steele’s The Watchers (priced £12.99) via Bantam Press. In support of the novel’s release, Fantasy Book Critic will be hosting videos talking about the different locations in the book. There will be seven videos in total, with one posted today and tomorrow, and then Monday through Friday next week. The first video can be found below, followed by a brief explanation from the author, Jon Steele:
“Lac Léman (Lake Geneva) is the soul of Lausanne. I know her moods and am deeply affected by them. She is never the same, from one hour to the next. Her currents move like ballet and the light that plays across her surface is sometimes blinding, sometimes grey . . . always reflecting the colours of the sky and the clouds like some impressionist painting. And when she is still, showing you the perfect upside-down sky in her mirror-like surface, conversations fall into whispers so as not to disturb her. I may not believe in God, but watching a thunderstorm roll in from the Alps and seeing her waves rise like watery hands trying to catch the bolts of lightening reaching down from the sky, is to know that I am part of something mysterious and beyond my comprehension. The lake is my muse . . . always calling me to her shores to her a story.”
In addition to the videos, Bantam Press has agreed to give away ONE AUTOGRAPHED COPY of Jon Steele’s The Watchers for each video, for a total of SEVEN WINNERS. All you have to do is leave a comment in the post, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, Mailing Address, and the subject: WATCHERS. However, to double your chances of winning, link this post or one of the videos on your blog, Facebook or Twitter page, and you will be entered TWICE! The giveaway is open to Anyone and the seven winners will be randomly selected after the last video is posted on Friday, June 17. Thank you for entering and Good Luck!
12:01 AM | Posted by Robert | | Edit Post