- Adventures In Reading
- Beauty In Ruins
- Best Fantasy Books HQ
- Bitten By Books
- Bookworm Blues
- Charlotte's Library
- Civilian Reader
- Critical Mass
- Curated Fantasy Books
- Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews
- Edi's Book Lighthouse
- Everything is Nice
- Falcata Times
- Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews
- Fantasy Cafe
- Fantasy Literature
- Far Beyond Reality
- Genre Reader
- Jeff VanderMeer
- King of the Nerds
- Layers of Thought
- Neth Space
- Only The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
- Rob's Blog O' Stuff
- Smorgasbord Fantasia
- Speculative Book Review
- Stainless Steel Droppings
- Tez Says
- The Antick Musings of G.B.H. Hornswoggler, Gent.
- The Bibliosanctum
- The Book Smugglers
- The Nocturnal Library
- The OF Blog
- The Speculative Scotsman
- The Vinciolo Journal
- The Wertzone
- Tip the Wink
- Val's Random Comments
- Voyager Books
- Walker of Worlds
- ► 2016 (143)
- ► 2015 (136)
- ► 2014 (155)
- ► 2013 (260)
- ► 2012 (287)
- PRESS RELEASE: Bantam Books & Dynamite Entertainme...
- “The Last Werewolf” by Glen Duncan (Reviewed by Ro...
- Interview with Cameron Haley (Interviewed by Mihir...
- “The Watchers” Video Roundup
- Winners of “The Watchers” Giveaway!!!
- “Heaven’s Shadow” by David S. Goyer & Michael Cass...
- SPOTLIGHT: Book Country
- “Miserere: An Autumn Tale” by Teresa Frohock (Revi...
- “The Map of Time” by Félix J. Palma (Reviewed by R...
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part Seven)!!!
- THE INDIE DAY GIVEAWAY FOLLOWUP: M.R. Mathias Disc...
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part Six)!!!
- NEWS: Orbit Books Snaps up an Urban Fantasy Trilog...
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part Five)!!!
- “Fun & Games” by Duane Swierczynski (Reviewed by R...
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part Four)!!!
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part Three)!!!
- PRESS RELEASE: Orbit UK acquires the IRON DRUID CH...
- “Leviathan Wakes” by James S.A. Corey (Reviewed by...
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part Two)!!!
- “Serial Killers Uncut” by Blake Crouch & Jack Kilb...
- “The Watchers” Video & Giveaway (Part One)!!!
- “Magic Slays” by Ilona Andrews w/Bonus Review of “...
- “The Watchers” by Jon Steele (Reviewed by Robert T...
- THE INDIE DAY GIVEAWAY: Win an AMAZON KINDLE featu...
- PRESS RELEASE: The Terry Pratchett Anywhere But He...
- ▼ June (26)
- ► 2010 (346)
- ► 2009 (466)
- ► 2008 (376)
Friday, June 17, 2011
Order “The Watchers” HERE
Read FBC’s Review of “The Watchers”
In support of the June 9, 2011 UK Hardcover publication of Jon Steele’s The Watchers (priced £12.99) via Bantam Press, Fantasy Book Critic is hosting a series of videos that discuss the different locations found in the book. The first six videos are linked above. Today’s seventh and final video, which covers the Bells in Lausanne Cathedral, can be found below, followed by a brief explanation from the author, Jon Steele:
Early one Saturday morning, shortly after my first trip to the belfry tower, I received a call from Renato, le guet de Lausanne. He told me he had something very important to show me at 5:00 that evening. I said I had something on but Renato insisted, ‘I am very sure it is important for your book.’
We met at Café de l'Evêché in the shadow of the Cathedral. Renato was at a table, two beers at the ready. Renato, as he does, talked about all sorts of things, except why I was there. (there is a lot of Renato in Marc Rochat). We had one more beer and at 5:45PM, Renato said…‘Allors, on y va.’
He led me to the cathedral, he opened the tower door and we climbed the steps to the belfry. It was my first time in daylight in the tower and the view was breathtaking. And while I was admiring the view, Marie Madeleine, seven tons of bronze and the largest bell in the tower rang for 6:00PM. Then all the yokes began to sway and all the bells of Lausanne Cathedral began to roar. It was deafening, like listening to the Big Bang at the moment of creation. The bells rang for fifteen minutes, and the final chord seemed to hang over the world like some never-ending sound. Renato looked at me and said:
‘Will the bells help you with your book?’
‘Yup.’ I said.
‘I thought so.’
In addition to the videos, Bantam Press has agreed to give away ONE AUTOGRAPHED COPY of Jon Steele’s The Watchers for each video, for a total of SEVEN WINNERS. All you have to do is leave a comment in the post, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, Mailing Address, and the subject: WATCHERS. However, to double your chances of winning, link this post or one of the videos on your blog, Facebook, Twitter page, etc., and you will be entered TWICE! The giveaway is open to Anyone and will now run until Friday, June 24th. After that, SEVEN WINNERS will be randomly selected, followed by a roundup post of all seven videos. Thanks for entering and Good Luck!!!
12:00 PM | Posted by Robert | | Edit Post